WILLMAR, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation is installing LED enhanced stop signs at 64 locations throughout the district during the month of May.
LED enhanced stop signs will be installed at various locations on the following highways.
- Highway 4 – Meeker, Renville counties
- Highway 7 – Chippewa, Kandiyohi counties
- Highway 12 – Kandiyohi County
- Highway 14 – Lincoln County
- Highway 19 – Lyon County
- Highway 22 – McLeod County
- Highway 23 – Kandiyohi, Pipestone, Yellow Medicine counties
- Highway 30 – Murray, Pipestone counties
- Highway 59 – Lac qui Parle, Lyon, Murray, Yellow Medicine counties
- Highway 67 – Yellow Medicine County
- Highway 68 – Redwood County
- Highway 71 – Renville County
- Highway 75 – Yellow Medicine County
- Highway 212 – McLeod, Renville, Yellow Medicine counties
- Highway 274 – Yellow Medicine County
Motorists may encounter temporary shoulder and lane closures as well as equipment entering and exiting the roadway. MnDOT encourages travelers to always drive with caution and to slow down in project areas for their safety and the safety of workers.
Project benefits and cost
Benefits of the project include improved sign visibility and enhanced safety at stop sign locations. Safety Signs, LLC, is the contractor, and the project cost is $160,000.