KMHL Broadcasting EEO Report
Dec 1, 2017-Nov 30, 2018
List of full time vacancies filled during the above time period:
1. Administrative Asst/Traffic
- Recruitment Sources:
- MN Broadcasters Assn Website and Job Bank
- Southwest Mn State University Career Services
- People Ready – Marshall, MN
- Personal Referral
1. Administrative Asst/Traffic – 2. interviewed
- Number of interviewees referred from each recruitment source: Two individuals were interviewed. One from the People Ready and one from personal referral.
Supplemental Initiatives December 1, 2017 – November 30, 2018
- Staff member Keith Petermeier attended the 2018 Southwest Minnesota Workforce Council Career Expo. The event involves 1800 students over two days from 30 high schools. The booth featured equipment and a live radio broadcast in order to allow students to experience what a career in radio broadcasting would entail.
- Marshall Radio continues to contribute to a scholarship at Southwest Minnesota University. This scholarship is directed towards a student in the Broadcasting and Digital Media program.
- Marshall Radio continues to contribute to a scholarship with the Pride in the Tiger Foundation for a Marshall High School Student.
- Two students from Marshall Senior High School conducted a job shadow experiences with Marshall Radio to gain knowledge on what a career in radio broadcasting would include. One job shadow experience was in sports broadcasting and the other was with the music director.
- General Manager Brad Strootman spoke to a class of marketing majors at Southwest Minnesota State University on radio advertising.
- News Director Dan Paluch attended a high school press convention at South Dakota State University and was a member of a panel discussion with high school students regarding journalism/broadcasting careers.