MARSHALL (KMHL) – The Minnesota Department of Transportation is advising no travel on some highways in the Marshall area.
According to a press release from MnDOT, no travel is advised on area roads because blowing and drifting snow and areas of poor visibility are creating white out conditions on several stretches of highway in the region.
MnDOT is advising no travel on:
- Highway 19 – Marshall to the South Dakota border
- U.S. Highway 59 – Marshall to U.S. Highway 14
- U.S. Highway 14 – Florence to Tracy
- Highway 271 – South Dakota border to Highway 19
- U.S. Highway 75 – Ivanhoe to Canby
The strong winds and blowing snow has caused National Weather Service to issue a winter weather advisory in Lyon, Lincoln, Pipestone, Murray counties until midnight. A winter weather advisory is also in effect for Cottonwood, Nobles and Jackson counties until 9 a.m. Wednesday morning.